The Toay Story

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Augies 2nd Birthday Party, Part 2

I had a million ideas of what I wanted to do for the party but when the day got here for getting ready for the party, I wasn't prepared to do it all with two toddlers underfoot. Thank goodness for my husband and family that helped me not only decorate and cook, but also helping watch the kids so I could do some things.

A lot of the items were toys we already had, others I made and some I bought. It was supposed to be a beautiful day so we decided to have it in our garage and allow the kids to play outside and it didn't disappoint, it was a little warm but awesome outside. We rented some tables and chairs and for the price, it was definitely worth the price having a place for everyone to sit and eat. We didn't really have any party games other than my dad making a kick ass pinata in the shape of Mr. Potato Head. The kids had lots of fun beating that.

You can't see it in the pictures and once the party started, I sucked at getting pictures of the details, but there are army parachute guys hanging from the ceiling. It was such a simple thing but turned out really cute. Costumes weren't required but some definitely took it to the next level, ahem, Grandpa and Grandma. They didn't let me know that they were going to do that and I about choked when they got out of the car dressed like that. It was priceless and the pictures of Augie and one of his favorite guys, Grandpa, melt my heart. I think its pretty safe to say that my Dad would do anything for his grandkids. And in my life, I can't remember very many times seeing my mom get dressed up in costume for anything, so that was definitely a shocker. Augie's outfit came from JC Penney's clearance rack and the little girls wore matching dresses made by my talented sister. It was a good looking group of kids.

I made a photobooth but it didn't get much use but turned out cute. I found a link from Pinterest with free Toy Story photobooth props and I glued them onto bamboo skewers.

Overall, I spent many hours of nap times and after the kids went to bed getting ready for the party. I loved every second of it and I think everyone had a good time, which is the main goal. I can't believe my little man is already 2 and getting to be so big. I love that guy more than anything and making his birthday memorable was worth every second. Junie just turned 9 months so that gives me 3 months to get ready for her 1st birthday party. How is that even possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment