The Toay Story

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Easter.......a few weeks later

For Easter this year we went to Iowa City to celebrate with both of my sisters. We had lots of fun and I was a little worried having 2 kids under 2 staying in a hotel room. Juniper is a very light sleeper so that added to my concern. All in all, it was a great experience. I found a hotel in downtown Iowa City that had two rooms, which was a lifesaver as Juniper is an early riser and Augie isn't.

Iowa City has a great childrens museum at their mall so we did that Saturday morning and then we went and had naps at the hotel and then everyone came back downtown and we played on the playground and swam and then ordered Gumbys. I love me some pokey stix. I can blame my freshman 30 on them.

The Easter bunny found the kids at the hotel Sunday morning and then we went to my sisters house for an Easter egg hunt. After the hunt, we went to brunch at Mondos. It was really good. We had a late brunch that fell during the start of nap time and considering that, the kids did really well. After that it was time to say good bye and head back to central Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment