The Toay Story

Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day and Weekend Happenings

This weekend was as usual a whirlwind. My niece, Scout had a dance recital in Iowa City and we didn't think Augie could sit for 1-2 hours in a quiet manner so we made the decision that I would take Juniper with me to Iowa City and Garrett would keep Augie with him at home. They have never really had a day of just the two of them and while I knew it would be good for both of them, I hated to be 2 hours away. I know, I need to let go of the reigns a bit

Living History Farms had a special tractor day and our 2 year old tractor/truck obsessed boy had a ball. They called me after to tell me all about a combine ride that was the highlight. They then went and had lunch and looked at the Eagle's nest at Grays Lake and went to a Des Moines icon for ice cream, Snookies. I have lived in Des Moines for 10+ years and still have yet to go. I guess we will need to make a family trip there one of these days.

Junie and I had a great time in Iowa City. Scout was a superstar and so cute. We then went out to a late lunch/early dinner with the whole fam. It was a good day and Junie was so good. I was excited to see my boys when we got home though.

Last year we went to brunch at the zoo and I told Garrett I definitely wanted to do that again this year. I called and made the reservation and took the first seating at 9:45 as Augie gets a little hangry and didn't want to make him wait too long to eat. It was really good food and we were the first ones there so we got to go through the buffet without any lines. We were in and out pretty quick and then walked through the zoo. The kids and I are pretty frequent visitors to the zoo and Augie has so much fun every time we go. Junie was getting tired as it was right during morning nap time but was a trooper.

I thank my lucky stars every day for these two that call me momma. I waited for what seemed like forever to join this special club of parenthood and I love every day of it. There are plenty of times when they are naughty or drive me bonkers but then they give me that smile or kiss or hug and I forget all of those things and my heart swells. It is such a pleasure watching them learn and grow every day and I am so lucky to get to stay at home with them and experience so much of it. Thank you Garrett for working so hard to make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment