The Toay Story

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Where has June gone???

It has been a long time since I posted on here. Summer as always is coming and going way too fast. We are trying to get the pool up and running and have run into a bit of difficulty with that task. Hopefully by the weekend, we will be able to soak up some sun.


For me, Summer starts on Memorial Day. This year we went back to Perry for my cousin Wil's graduation. He will be heading off to Wartburg College in the fall. He spoke at graduation and did a very good job.

As for the rest of the summer, we have filled it full of fun. I had a weekend trip with my sisters, nieces, and parents to Chicago. We took the girls to see a Glee concert. On the way home, we decided to stop in Le Claire to see where the American Pickers are from. As it turned out, it was Pickers Weekend there. As we were driving down the street, we noticed Mike from the show. I made my dad pull over and my nieces get a picture with him. Very exciting and cool. It's as close to a celebrity as we are going to get in Iowa.







Garrett and I went to Greenbay, Wisconsin for a Billy Currington, Uncle Kracker, Zac Brown Band, and Kenny Chesney at Lambeau Field. It was a great day and even got to go to the Packer Hall of Fame.







The following weekend, I went to the Big Country Bash with my friend Jenny. It was an all day event and it was a fun beautiful day until we got hit by a large storm. Luckily Garrett was watching the weather and came to pick us up.








We are excited as we planned a vacation over our anniversary this year. We are going to be going to an all inclusive resort in the Bahamas. More info on that to come. I am ready for some Caribbean fun in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment